Second-hand clothes shopping has grown in popularity through the years as consumers have become more aware of "fast-fashion" in the press and actively try to upcycle, reuse and resell unwanted garments and accessories on online marketplaces like Vinted. At Interparcel, we can help make the sending process even more accessible by saving sellers money on their domestic deliveries.
What is Vinted?
Founded in 2008, Vinted is an online marketplace for individual sellers to sell, buy and swap second-hand clothing and accessories. Vinted has over 45 million users worldwide and aims to show people how great second-hand can be by offering a platform for individuals to buy, sell, and swap, womenswear, menswear, kidswear and homeware.
Why should I use Vinted?
Unlike other online shopping platforms like Not On The High Street for example, you can create an account for free list and and no fees are charged for sold items. Once your sale has closed, you'll receive the total selling price into your Vinted Balance.
As a buyer, you pay the total amount for your chosen item, the delivery cost, and a compulsory Buyer Protection fee (a fixed amount between £0.30-£0.80 plus a variable amount between 3%-8% of the purchase price agreed regardless of postage costs) to help safeguard your money.
Is Vinted safe?
Yes. Vinted have put in place Buyer and Seller protection. Here are a few examples:
- Buyer Protection fee: For every transaction placed through Vinted, a Buyer Protection fee is applied which includes the use of Vinted Balance, fraud checks and support from Vinted Customer Service
- As a seller, if the buyer forgets to confirm they are happy with the order, you are still covered and your earnings will be transferred to your Vinted balance in 2 days after the order is closed
How to sell on Vinted?
Selling on Vinted is simple and you can upload an item in just a few steps!
1) Download the Vinted app/or visit their website
2) Take photos of your item (our blog on how to take product pictures that sell can help)
3) Describe your item and select your drop-down options
5) Select your parcel size
6) Click Upload!
For shipping, sellers can pick presets from four shipping providers or choose 'Custom Option'- this is where Interparcel comes in.
How to use Interparcel for shipping?
If you want to offer your buyers a delivery service or carrier not available on Vinted, you can enable Custom shipping when listing your item and book your delivery through Interparcel. All our services come fully tracked, offer low-cost prices, and offer a level of transit cover which can be increased depending on what you are sending.
If you want to send your Vinted items through one of our excellent delivery partners, here is what you'll need to do:
During the Vinted item upload stage:
1) Check the weight and dimensions of your item when boxed
2) Head to our 'Get a Quote' page and insert the parcel details for an instant list of prices, for example, you can send an item up to 1kg (35cm x 23cm x 2.5cm) with Evri ParcelShop Postable for only £1.75 (plus VAT) which would be perfect for lightweight clothing and non-fragile accessories such as ties or scarfs.
Please note: Always check your item against our Prohibited & Restricted Items list to avoid potential delivery issues.
3) In the Vinted parcel size section, select 'Custom'
4) Enter the shipping costs based on the courier and price you would like to send with
How to send your sold Vinted item with your selected custom shipping:
1) Pack your item sufficiently for transit
2) Book your parcel delivery on our website by following our simple steps (it should only take a few minutes) and add any additional transit cover if required. After a successful booking, we will instantly generate your shipping label and relevant documents to attach to your parcel
3) In Vinted, select 'Shipping Instructions' in the conversation screen, attach proof of shipping and press "Item Sent" within 5 working days of the sale
4) It's as easy as that!
Why use Interparcel to send your Vinted items?
Choice of industry-leading couriers
Booking your parcel deliveries through Interparcel gives you access to multiple couriers meaning you are not tied to just one carrier. Our customers have a large selection of couriers and services to choose from, such as Economy, Express and Next Day services. Many of our services require a signature to give you extra peace of mind if you're sending a higher-priced item to a buyer.
Our long-standing relationship with couriers gives us huge discounts off tariff prices so you both you and the buyer can benefit from reliable, low-cost shipping.
Track your deliveries in one place
An Interparcel Account allows you to view all your orders in one place with handy features like our Account Dashboard and PrePay. You can also set up a customisable Branded Tracking page to enhance your buyer's post-purchase experience.
Award-nominated Customer Service
Customer service is at the heart of what we do and our team of parcel experts are on-hand seven days a week via telephone, email or live chat to assist with your booking.
Do you sell on other online marketplaces?
Our Shipping Manager streamlines the shipping process by letting you import and manage all your marketplace orders in one place. Whether you sell on popular sites like Etsy, eBay, or Not On The High Street, you can create a direct link between your online store and our Shipping Manager to pull through all your orders together and book your deliveries.
Send today with Interparcel
Sending has never been easier. We have developed a strong relationship with reputable courier companies to provide our customers with the best range of services options through the years. Get a quote for your parcel today!