Do you provide your customers with parcel tracking information?
Postal tracking is key to providing your customers with a transparent buying journey, especially during Christmas. Typically, customers will associate their delivery experience with your brand. It can determine if they want to purchase from you again, leave a review, or recommend you to friends or family. Consequently, it would be best to ship your orders with trusted parcel carriers.
Most online shoppers want to know when their order will arrive so they can plan accordingly. However, there are many other advantages to providing up-to-date and easily accessible tracking information.
Reasons why you should provide tracking:
There are many advantages you can expect from providing accurate tracking information. First of all, the post-purchase experience can make or break a future sale. The festive period typically increases eCommerce sales as buyers frantically purchase gifts in time for the big day. Customers expect to be kept in the loop when their order leaves your store.
Fewer customer enquiries
As a business, you want to make the shipping process as simple as possible. That’s why if customers can monitor the progress of their delivery through a tracking portal, it reduces the time spent answering shipping queries over the phone or via email.
All orders booked through Interparcel come with free tracking as standard. As a self-tracking service, your customer can complete their investigation and check their delivery status by entering the Interparcel 12-digit tracking number into our Tracking Portal. They can view condensed and detailed tracking events updated by the courier.
Improved customer retention
With third-party cookies slowly phasing out, you will need to find alternative ways to build a strong engagement strategy. It’s more important than ever to focus on retaining your current customers. One of the ways to approach this is to provide an excellent post-purchase experience to build a strong relationship with your customers.
Opportunity to remarket products/services
You need to send your customers to a tracking portal. So, why not utilise the opportunity to remarket your products/services through promotional banners to encourage repeat business?
With a Branded Tracking portal, you control the page your buyers are viewing. You control the entire post-purchase experience. Many customers use the promotional banner to highlight extra shipping information, exclusive discount codes or a multi-buy offer.
Find out more about the Interparcel Branded Tracking portal
The Branded Tracking portal is free to use when you create an Interparcel account. You can customise the portal to match your brand and colour theme- think green and red for Christmas. Features include:
- Unique tracking subdomain: One free personalised URL dedicated to parcel tracking
- Customisable logo, colours and promotional banner: maintain brand continuity after the sale
- Condensed tracking system: View the status of your shipment at a glance
- Detailed events: Display the entire tracking history of a consignment
- Promotional banner: The perfect place to include a message, promotional code or exclusive offer
Ship your parcels with Interparcel
Along with free parcel tracking and our Branded Tracking portal, we also offer many other exciting benefits, including:
- Automatic address correction: no more incorrect addresses
- Multi-channel fulfilment: collate orders from multiple eCommerce platforms into one place
- 'Send Again' and 'Return Parcel' actions: to streamline repeat and return orders
- Parcel Presets: save parcel details for speedier sending on future orders
- Branded Tracking: customise their own branded tracking portal and obtain a unique URL
- Unlimited no-cost printing options: print your 6x4 shipping labels and A4 documents directly to your printer
- Customer service: customer support available seven days a week via telephone, email, live chat and social media
Don't forget about Christmas Last Posting Dates!
The parcel networks become very busy during the festive period. That's why, we recommend you post your parcels as early as possible, especially if they are travelling overseas. Each courier and service have different last posting dates. Check our page for the complete list.
With Interparcel, sending packages for Christmas is quick and straightforward. With a range of reputable courier partners to choose from- why send with anyone else?
Get your parcel delivery quote today!