Whether you are sending a package within the UK or overseas, being able to track a package as it transitions through each stage of the shipping journey is a huge benefit to keeping you or the receiver in the loop.
At Interparcel, we understand the importance of reliable, accurate and accessible parcel tracking, so we provide our customers with multiple ways to track a package for free via our website. As a self-tracking service, you can track your order for every courier service you book with us, including Evri, DPD and UPS to name a few. Your tracking number will start with GB followed by 10 digits, e.g., GB1234567890. You can find the reference number in your order history or in the booking confirmation email.
Here are the different ways you can track your package with Interparcel:
For Collection services, parcel tracking will start when your package is collected and scanned by the courier. Whereas, if you choose a Drop Off service, tracking with start once the courier scans and collects the parcel from the drop-off location which could be the next day depending on timings/routes. You can check the progress of your delivery online, 24 hours a day, via our Tracking Portal. Click on 'Track My Parcel' on the Interparcel website and type in your unique tracking number.
Once you have entered your tracking number, you can view both condensed tracking and detailed events updated by your courier.
Email and SMS notifications
During the booking stage, you can opt in to our email and SMS notifications to keep you or your recipient updated during your consignment's journey. Tracking notifications are great because you can be informed directly of your parcel's movements straight in your inbox.
We have four key tracking notifications available:
- Booked: As soon as your shipment has been booked, we will let the receiver know
- On Its Way: The parcel has been collected and scanned by the courier
- Out for Delivery: The parcel has been scanned and scheduled for delivery
- Delivered: The consignment has successfully arrived at its destination address
Our email notifications are free to use and our SMS notifications cost 20p + VAT. Ensure you type in the correct email address and/or phone number at the time of booking, as we cannot amend or change this afterwards.
For a comprehensive tracking history, we advise you enter your tracking number on the website.
You can quickly view your orders' delivery status for multiple shipments in your Interparcel Account.
Hover over 'My Account' and select 'My Orders' from the dropdown menu. You can filter your orders by date range, tracking status and even by name or service.
Once you've found the order you're looking for; you can click on it and find out further details about the order, including detailed tracking events. You can also directly reprint your shipping documentation or labels, generate a repeat order and more!
Do you run an online business? Set up Branded Tracking!
Brand identity is crucial to any business, so why not create a tailored tracking page? Our free Branded Tracking feature lets you customise your tracking portal colours, logo and promotional banner with a free unique subdomain. It's simple to set up and can boost your customer's post-purchase experience to the next level, encourage repeat purchases, and increase consumer engagement.
Key features of Branded Tracking include:
- Unique tracking portal: One free subdomain dedicated to tracking. We will give your buyer a unique tracking number that they can enter to track their parcel
- Customisable logo, colours and advertising: Create a consistent brand journey even after the sale by uploading your company logo, colours and advertising to your portal
- Condensed tracking system: Your customer can see the status of their shipment at a quick glance
- Detailed events: A detailed tracking history is also available to expand and view
- Promotional banner: Add a personalised banner with a post-purchase promotion or message to increase customer engagement
You can claim a branded tracking portal in minutes. Watch our simple step-by-step video below and see for yourself!
Having an Interparcel account gives you access to many fantastic shipping tools and account features proven to help online eCommerce businesses thrive! When you set up an account with Interparcel, you benefit from:
- Free account set up
- Automatic address correction
- Parcel Presets to shortcut package detail input
- Full use of our 'Send Again' and 'Return Parcel' actions to streamline sending
- Branded Tracking for a seamless company experience
- Unlimited no-cost label printing options so you can print your 6x4 shipping labels and A4 documentation directly to your printer